Looking for a deliciously simple treat to serve this holiday season? Check out this recipe for Cranberry-Orange Pinwheel Cookies, as adapted by BakedByRachel.com.
Cranberry-Orange Pinwheel Cookies (adapted from BakedByRachel.com)
- 1 cup of chopped cranberries
- 2 tablespoons of fresh orange zest
- 1 cup chopped walnuts
- 1 cup of softened butter or margarine
- 1 teaspoon of vanilla extract
- 2 eggs
- ¼ of a cup of brown sugar, packed
- 1 ½ cup of sugar
- ½ teaspoon of baking powder
- ½ teaspoon of salt
- 3 cups of baking flour
- First, add your cranberries, half of your orange zest, and walnut to a food processor. Mix these ingredients until they are well-blended, or small pieces of the ingredients are left. Chill in the refrigerator until needed.
- In your mixer, cream your butter, brown and white sugar, and vanilla together. Once they are blended, add your baking powder, the other half of your orange zest, salt, and eggs.
Once your mixture is fully combined, start adding in the flour. Only add the flour in a little at a time at a medium speed. Once the dry and wet ingredients are combined, chill the dough mixture for an hour.
- When the dough is chilled for an hour, separate the dough into two sections. Roll out each half of the dough on wax paper, until each section is about ¼ inch thick. Spread half of the cranberry mixture on each section of the dough.
- Once the filling is spread across the dough sections, start rolling the dough from the short ends of the rectangle. Guide the roll with the wax paper, and once complete, seal the ends with tape and place the log in the refrigerator to sit overnight.
- When you’re ready to bake the cookies, preheat your oven to 375 degrees. Start by cutting each log into ¼ inch slices. Place on a baking sheet covered in wax or parchment paper, and bake for 8-10 minutes or until lightly gold.
Want to see what kind of goodies you can give your loved ones during the holidays in our meal gift baskets? Visit us today at BisketBaskets.com!